The procedure, performed at the Hippocrateion General Hospital in Athens was the successful result of the cooperation between the medical teams of:
• A' Cardiology Department, School of Medicine, Athens National and Capodestrian University, Greece:
o Prof. Dimitris Tousoulis, director
o Prof. Konstantinos Toutouzas, interventional cardiologist
o Dr. George Latsios, interventional cardiology consultant
o Ass. Pr. Konstantina Angeli, echo cardiographer
o Dr. Giannis Tolios, Cardiac anesthesiologist
• Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine Zhejiang University, Hang Zhou, China:
o Prof. Jian'an Wang, Designer of the Venus A Plus valve, President of the Second Affiliated Hospital, Director of the Cardiovascular Institute
o Dr. Xianbao Liu, Vice Chair, Department of Cardiology
Venus Medtech Inc, technically supported the procedure, whereas, Psimitis S.A. courteously serviced and coordinated the details and communication between the two countries’ institutions.
The two companies have a long standing relation since December 15th 2016, when the first in Greece, Venus P-Valve (Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve) Implantation took place, in St. Lucas Hospital, Thessaloniki. The procedure was successfully performed by the interventional pediatric cardiologists:
• Pr. Vassilis Thanopoulos, Visiting professor at the University of Beograd Serbia, Member of the Serbian Arts and Science Academy, Honorary Consultant Royal Brompton Hospital London UK.
• Pr. Shakeel Ahmed Qureshi, consultant at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals, London UK.
Watch the video
About Venus Medtech Ltd.:
The company was established in 2009, in Hang Zhou National hi-tech development district in China.
Champion of the 3rd Annual national competition of bio-medical Innovative company.
Leading achievements in China: The 1st enterprise to:
- Complete CFDA clinical research & registration
- Receive the catheter supported medical device from CFDA
- Be involved in the human clinical trial in Europe with Heart valve from China
- Be approved to establish heart valve research center in China